This Vegan Pumpkin Pasta recipe is creamy fall goodness!
The perfectly plant-based creaminess comes from dairy-free pumpkin cream sauce.
Made with only T E N ingredients; this will soon to be a go-to during the fall and winter month! Let’s get started on the perfect bowl of fall creamy carbs to get you through those cozy months!!
- 1 Pound De’ Cecco Penne Pasta
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (Full-Fat)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the shells & stir to prevent sticking. Cook to al dente according to package directions, 10-11 minutes. Prior to draining the pasta, reserve about 2 cups of the starchy pasta
- Blend the pumpkin cream sauce: Meanwhile, as the pasta boils, make the pumpkin cream sauce. Add the coconut milk, pumpkin purée, nutritional yeast, garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cayenne, salt, & ground black pepper to a high-speed blender. Blend until it’s nice and smooth & creamy sauce consistency.
- Assemble the vegan creamy pumpkin penne: Pour the pumpkin cream sauce over the pasta. Stir to combine, adding in the reserved pasta water little by little until your desired consistency is reached. The sauce should be very creamy, but cling to the pasta nicely.
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh herbs, red peppers, or vegan parmesan; as desired.
I hope you and yours enjoys this recipe as much as mine has!
Love, Health, & Veggies,
The Vegan Momma
Would the recipe work with light coconut milk?
Yes, you can use lite coconut milk! Sorry for such a late reply! I thought we replied to you right away but I don’t see our reply now.